Sunday, April 17, 2022

On Zombies, Women and Horror

 

When I was a teen, the scariest horror movie trope for me, and by far, far, far, was zombies. These chilled me to the core. I realized recently that I was the one that was eaten by them, the one whose child legs gave out in horror, overwhelmed and especially alone, each bite taken and each infection inflicted, a pure horror that would narrow your pupils until they disappeared into Zombie Nothingness.

 

All my life, for my own survival reasons, I have given way too much credit to people who absolutely did not deserve it. Even to people who did not deserve my glance in the first place. I was riddled with hurts and sores, and the healing I did not place on myself had to go somewhere, so my dumb reflex was to alleviate very ordinary people’s miserable lives.

 

I’m sorry, but people are fucking dumb. They are or act idiotic, and they love their prisons SO much they habitually masturbate with the bars of their cage so pleased with those iron rods of confirmation biases heated with the friction of their little angers and lubed up with their self-serving tears, in between rounds of their mindless circular walks in their 1 ½ studios. I know about that, because I tried pretending I was one of them my whole life before I kissed my Wife.

 

The World of Horrors is a disgusting crowd, and until I wrenched myself free (Wife), my mind and especially body were not mine. And over time, with the hidden premises that emerged from trauma adaptation in a hostile environment, I came to associate the feeling of loss and emotional pain of being with the wrong people (everyone) in the ‘’dating world’’ with a good thing. However, every ounce of my pure Self was screaming in agony at every moment, and I am gladly paying the price for those revelations. I have also never been richer.

 

A common thread in my dating life, was that people thought they knew better than me. About myself. My inner life. MY emotions. Did you think that when I was confused, that maybe the right thing to do was try to help me find my way? No. All you girls thought of, was your next bite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is quite something. I was a zombie and I didn’t know it. I wish I made you happy as you made me happy. At least you now living a love that fulfills you.

Anonymous said...

At least you are now. But to me, you were two years and a half of my life. The relationship that meant the most. The one I worked on the most. You never loved me. You always loved her. I don’t know how I feel about that, yet.

Anonymous said...

Tres bien dit. Fred

Anonymous said...

Un text qui me parle beaucoup. Fred

Anonymous said...

Anonyme: on ne sait pas toujours ce que l'on est pour autrui. L'important c'est de savoir ce que nous sommes, à nos propres yeux.

Fred: heureuse que le texte de la Bête vous parle. Merci de vos commentaires.

Ton regard sur moi

  Ton regard sur moi améliore celui que je pose sur moi. Je me rends compte, à défaire mes derniers nœuds et à rencontrer mes derniers traum...